For anyone - HOPE Coventry
Queens Road Baptist Church
- Soulful and Soulful Adults: singing groups for all ages
- Happy Computers: a computer users support group
- Sew and Sew: a group for people interested in craft making with fabrics
- Arts and Crafts group: meets monthly on a Thursday morning. The Crafts activities are simple and varied so that all abilities and ages can participate. Each project can usually be completed within the session.
- Cathedral Chaplains: A chaplain is usually available Monday to Saturday from 10am to 4pm to listen to those needing someone to talk to and able to offer signposting to appropriate agencies for practical help.
- Rising from the Rubble Café: Open Monday to Saturday 10.30 to 4.30 for delicious and reasonably priced food and drinks, and now Number 1 in Coventry on Trip Advisor. Rising Cafe is a social enterprise run by Betel of Britain (betel.org.uk) which supports and enables the rehabilitation of adults with life controlling issues.
- Volunteer Community: Opportunities to make new friends, learn new skills, experiences counting towards Duke of Edinburgh Award or for your CV. A wide range of roles available eg working with the tourism team, stewarding the Blitz centre, joining the general repairs and maintenance crew. Contact Louise Nicholls to find out more. 02476 521247 email@example.com
Methodist Central Hall
A member of the congregation runs a Charity called “Dumi International Aid” which has two different objectives: one is a local social goal of raising awareness of HIV/AIDS and encouraging people to access NHS services etc. In recent years it has involved running open days with speakers, clinics and workshops. http://dumiinternationalaid.org/
- Hope Centre Café: Monday –Friday 9.30am -2pm